Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
Enabling critical content dissemination in vehicular named data networks
- Enabling critical content dissemination in vehicular named data networks
- Yaqub, Muhammad Azfar; Ahmed, Syed Hassan; Bouk, Safdar Hussain; Kim, Dongkyun
- Issue Date
- 2018 Conference Research in Adaptive and Convergent Systems, RACS 2018, 94-99
- Named data networking has been efficiently utilized in Vehicular networks as a promising solution to enable reliable and efficient content retrieval. Vehicular named data networks (VNDN) employ a pull-based mechanism where an Interest packet is broadcast in order to receive the Content. This forwarding scheme mitigates the forwarding of unsolicited content, however, the dissemination of critical data forwarding generated randomly in the network is not considered. For instance, in the vanilla NDN framework any content received by a vehicle is considered unsolicited and dropped provided no corresponding entry is available in the pending interest table of that vehicle. Despite its potential, some modification in the NDN architecture are required to forward the high priority critical content. In this work, we enable the vehicles' NDN forwarding mechanism to reliably share the critical content from different vehicles sources in the networks. The solution is evaluated in NS2 and the findings showthat the proposed scheme is able to collect the data from several vehicles in the networks with reduced network overhead and data retrieval delays. ? 2018 Association for Computing Machinery.
- Association for Computing Machinery, Inc
There are no files associated with this item.
- ETC2. Conference Papers
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.