Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
A graph-based database partitioning method for parallel olap query processing
- A graph-based database partitioning method for parallel olap query processing
- Nam, Yoon-Min; Kim, Min-Soo; Han, Donghyoung
- DGIST Authors
- Kim, Min-Soo
- Issue Date
- 34th IEEE International Conference on Data Engineering, ICDE 2018, 1037-1048
- As the amount of data to process increases, a scalable and efficient horizontal database partitioning method becomes more important for OLAP query processing in parallel database platforms. Existing partitioning methods have a few major drawbacks such as a large amount of data redundancy and not supporting join processing without shuffle in many cases despite their large data redundancy. We elucidate the drawbacks arise from their tree-based partitioning schemes and propose a novel graph-based database partitioning method called GPT that improves query performance with lower data redundancy. Through extensive experiments using three benchmarks, we show that GPT significantly outperforms the state-of-The-Art method in terms of both storage overhead and query performance. ? 2018 IEEE.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc.
- Related Researcher
Big Data Systems; Big Data Mining & Machine Learning; Big Data Bioinformatics; 데이터 마이닝 및 빅데이터 분석; 바이오인포메틱스 및 뉴로인포메틱스; 뇌-기계 인터페이스(BMI)
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Information and Communication EngineeringInfoLab2. Conference Papers
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.