Cited 0 time in
Cited 1 time in
Poster Abstract: Sleep Position Management System for Enhancing Sleep Quality using Wearable Devices
- Poster Abstract: Sleep Position Management System for Enhancing Sleep Quality using Wearable Devices
- Jeon, Sanghoon; Paul, Anand; Son, Sang Hyuk; Eun, Yongsoon
- DGIST Authors
- Son, Sang Hyuk; Eun, Yongsoon
- Issue Date
- 16th ACM Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems, SENSYS 2018, 365-366
- Sleep position is directly related to sleep quality especially in patients with sleep disorders such as sleep apnea or snoring. We propose SleeP-Manager, a wearable embedded system, that is designed to aid Sleep Positional Therapy (SPT). SleeP-Manager with two wristbands monitors the sleep position of the user and gives a vibration feedback when a poor position is detected. We experimentally evaluate the eectiveness of SleeP-Manager. In order to accomplish this, an additional device of chestband is designed. The chestband provides the true sleep position and also measures the response of users to the vibration feedback. The results indicate that the accuracy of sleep position detection higher than 80%, and the ratio of desired sleep position per night increased signicantly by the use of SleeP-Manager. Our questionnaire survey shows the wristband-typed device is most preferred for SPT due to the cost-eectiveness, easy-to-wear, and practicality. © 2018 Association for Computing Machinery.
- Association for Computing Machinery, Inc
- Related Researcher
Son, Sang Hyuk
RTCPS(Real-Time Cyber-Physical Systems) Lab
Real-time system; Wireless sensor network; Cyber-physical system; Data and event service; Information security; 실시간 임베디드 시스템
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Information and Communication EngineeringRTCPS(Real-Time Cyber-Physical Systems) Lab2. Conference Papers
Department of Information and Communication EngineeringDSC Lab(Dynamic Systems and Control Laboratory)2. Conference Papers
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.