Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
Acceleration Based Force Estimation in Series Elastic Actuator
- Acceleration Based Force Estimation in Series Elastic Actuator
- Cheon, Dasol; Oh, Sehoon
- DGIST Authors
- Oh, Sehoon
- Issue Date
- 44th Annual Conference of the IEEE Industrial Electronics Society, IECON 2018, 5062-5067
- With increasing of the needs to collaborate with humans throughout the industry fields, a series elastic actuator(SEA) has been developed which enable more compliance motion rather than conventional motor-based actuator. The device is equipped with spring inside, and it turns increased mechanical elasticity, allowing to react more flexibly to the external force, generated by external environments such as impact. In this point, it is important to measure well spring deflection. Encoder with a delivery mechanism such as the belts, the gear, and the wire is typically used for the purpose. The high-resolution encoder improves the performance of SEA, however, at the same time, it is expensive. To solve this problem, we proposed an estimating method for external force using acceleration sensor. In previous studies, external force observer using encoders were designed as a shape of the transfer function and state space. The performance of observer using acceleration sensor is compared to two previous algorithms. © 2018 IEEE.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc.
- Related Researcher
MCL(Motion Control Lab)
Research on Human-friendly motion control; Development of human assistance;rehabilitation system; Design of robotic system based on human musculoskeletal system; Analysis of human walking dynamics and its application to robotics; 친인간적인 운동제어 설계연구; 인간 보조;재활 시스템의 설계 및 개발연구; 인간 근골격계에 기초한 로봇기구 개발연구; 보행운동 분석과 모델 및 로봇기구에의 응용
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Robotics EngineeringMCL(Motion Control Lab)2. Conference Papers
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.