Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
3D patchwise U-net with transition layers for MR brain segmentation
- 3D patchwise U-net with transition layers for MR brain segmentation
- Acevedo, Miguel Andres Luna; Park, Sang Hyun
- DGIST Authors
- Park, Sang Hyun
- Issue Date
- 4th International MICCAI Brainlesion Workshop, BrainLes 2018 held in conjunction with the Medical Image Computing for Computer Assisted Intervention Conference, MICCAI 2018, 394-403
- We propose a new patch based 3D convolutional neural network to automatically segment multiple brain structures on Magnetic Resonance (MR) images. The proposed network consists of encoding layers to extract informative features and decoding layers to reconstruct the segmentation labels. Unlike the conventional U-net model, we use transition layers between the encoding layers and the decoding layers to emphasize the impact of feature maps in the decoding layers. Moreover, we use batch normalization on every convolution layer to make a well generalized model. Finally, we utilize a new loss function which can normalize the categorical cross entropy to accurately segment the relatively small interest regions which are opt to be misclassified. The proposed method ranked 1 st over 22 participants at the MRBrainS18 segmentation challenge at MICCAI 2018. © Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019.
- Springer Verlag
- Related Researcher
Park, Sang Hyun
Medical Image & Signal Processing Lab
컴퓨터비전, 인공지능, 의료영상처리
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Robotics EngineeringMedical Image & Signal Processing Lab2. Conference Papers
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.