Cited 1 time in
Cited 1 time in
Control of a robotic manipulator in the polar coordinate system using a biarticular actuation mechanism
- Control of a robotic manipulator in the polar coordinate system using a biarticular actuation mechanism
- Choi, H[Choi, Hyunjin]; Oh, S[Oh, Sehoon]; Kong, K[Kong, Kyoungchul]
- DGIST Authors
- Oh, S[Oh, Sehoon]
- Issue Date
- International Journal of Control, Automation and Systems, 14(4), 1095-1105
- Article Type
- Force estimation; polar coordinate system; robotic manipulator.
- The robotic manipulators which are actively interacting with humans should be able to emulate the characteristics and performance of human body systems. Among various approaches to this end, this paper introduces a novel coordination system to control a two link manipulator in a more intuitive and human-friendly way: the polar coordinate system to describe the motions of a two-link manipulator and a biarticular actuation mechanism. The kinematics and dynamics of the two-link manipulator are analyzed utilizing the biarticular actuation mechanism and the polar coordinate system for an effective and convenient expression of the equation of motion inspired by the musculoskeletal structure of humans, which enables the sophisticated and intuitive control of an end-effector of a two-link manipulator. The dynamic equation with the proposed coordinate system and biarticular actuation mechanism is formalized into a state space equation, and the state feedback controller is designed based on the derived state space dynamics (1) to reject undesired dynamic couplings caused by the inherent mechanical structure and (2) to realize the desired dynamic characteristics at the end-effector. As applications of the proposed method, a position tracking controller is designed for the end-effector. In addition, for implementation of the proposed method, a kinematic Kalman filter is utilized for the best estimation of state variables. The experimental verifications of the proposed method are given in this paper. © 2016, Institute of Control, Robotics and Systems and The Korean Institute of Electrical Engineers and Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg.
- Korean Institute of Electrical Engineers
- Related Researcher
Oh, Se Hoon
MCL(Motion Control Lab)
Research on Human-friendly motion control; Development of human assistance;rehabilitation system; Design of robotic system based on human musculoskeletal system; Analysis of human walking dynamics and its application to robotics; 친인간적인 운동제어 설계연구; 인간 보조;재활 시스템의 설계 및 개발연구; 인간 근골격계에 기초한 로봇기구 개발연구; 보행운동 분석과 모델 및 로봇기구에의 응용
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Robotics EngineeringMCL(Motion Control Lab)1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.