Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
Enhancement of diffuse reflectance using air tunnel structure
- Enhancement of diffuse reflectance using air tunnel structure
- Jang, JE[Jang, Jae Eun]; Lee, GH[Lee, Gae Hwang]; Song, BG[Song, Byoung Gwon]; Cha, SN[Cha, Seung Nam]; Jung, JE[Jung, Jae Eun]
- DGIST Authors
- Jang, JE[Jang, Jae Eun]
- Issue Date
- Optics Letters, 38(3), 290-292
- Article Type
- Air Gap Structures; Critical Angles; Diffuse Reflectance; Diffuse Reflection; Diffuse Reflector; Diffusers (Optical); Display Devices; Fabrication Process; Incident Angles; Light Rays; Light Reflectance; Optical Components; Polymer Coating; Polymer Layers; Polymers; Reflection; Reflective Display Devices; Reflective Index; Submicrometers; Total Reflectance; Tunnel Structures
- Submicrometer air gap structure has formed on diffuse reflection structure to improve light reflectance. Covering polymer or liquid on a diffuse reflector to make optical components induces the severe decrease of the total reflectance, since the diffuse reflected angle of some light rays is larger than the critical angle and the rays travel to the medium until meeting a proper small incident angle. The reflectance drops to 68% of the original value with just a polymer coating on the diffuse reflector. The formation of an air tunnel structure between the polymer layer and the diffuse reflector makes a symmetrical reflective index matching state and recovers 95% of the original reflectance. Due to the simple fabrication process and the chemical stability, the structure can be applied to various optical components and reflective display devices. © 2013 Optical Society of America.
- OSA - The Optical Society
- Related Researcher
Jang, Jae Eun
Advanced Electronic Devices Research Group(AEDRG)
There are no files associated with this item.
- Information and Communication EngineeringETC1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.