Cited 10 time in
Cited 11 time in
An Adaptive Cauchy Differential Evolution Algorithm for Global Numerical Optimization
- An Adaptive Cauchy Differential Evolution Algorithm for Global Numerical Optimization
- Choi, TJ[Choi, Tae Jong]; Ahn, CW[Ahn, Chang Wook]; An, J[An, Jinung]
- DGIST Authors
- An, J[An, Jinung]
- Issue Date
- Scientific World Journal
- Article Type
- Adaptation; Algorithm; Algorithms; Comparative Study; Environmental Parameters; Evolution; Mutation; Process Optimization
- Adaptation of control parameters, such as scaling factor (F), crossover rate (CR), and population size (NP), appropriately is one of the major problems of Differential Evolution (DE) literature. Well-designed adaptive or self-adaptive parameter control method can highly improve the performance of DE. Although there are many suggestions for adapting the control parameters, it is still a challenging task to properly adapt the control parameters for problem. In this paper, we present an adaptive parameter control DE algorithm. In the proposed algorithm, each individual has its own control parameters. The control parameters of each individual are adapted based on the average parameter value of successfully evolved individuals' parameter values by using the Cauchy distribution. Through this, the control parameters of each individual are assigned either near the average parameter value or far from that of the average parameter value which might be better parameter value for next generation. The experimental results show that the proposed algorithm is more robust than the standard DE algorithm and several state-of-the-art adaptive DE algorithms in solving various unimodal and multimodal problems. © 2013 Tae Jong Choi et al.
- HINDAWI PUBLISHING CORP
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Convergence Research Center for Wellness1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.