Cited 4 time in
Cited 7 time in
Near-Field Magnetic Induction MIMO Communication Using Heterogeneous Multipole Loop Antenna Array for Higher Data Rate Transmission
- Near-Field Magnetic Induction MIMO Communication Using Heterogeneous Multipole Loop Antenna Array for Higher Data Rate Transmission
- Kim, HJ[Kim, Han-Joon]; Park, J[Park, Jinho]; Oh, KS[Oh, Kyoung-Sub]; Choi, JP[Choi, Jihwan P.]; Jang, JE[Jang, Jae Eun]; Choi, JW[Choi, Ji-Woong]
- DGIST Authors
- Kim, HJ[Kim, Han-Joon]; Choi, JP[Choi, Jihwan P.]; Jang, JE[Jang, Jae Eun]; Choi, JW[Choi, Ji-Woong]
- Issue Date
- IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, 64(5), 1952-1962
- Article Type
- Antenna Array; Antenna Arrays; Audio Signal Processing; Bottleneck Problem; Capacity Enhancement; Communication Schemes; Cross-Talk; Cross-Talk Cancellation; Data Rate Transmission; Directional Patterns (Antenna); Electromagnetic Coupling; Electromagnetic Induction; Loop Antennas; Magnetic Communication; Magnetic Communications; Magnetic Field; Magnetic Fields; Magnetism; MIMO; MIMO Systems; Mobile Antennas; Multi Input Multi Output; NFC; Stalk Cancellation
- In this paper, we propose a novel method realizing multi-input-multi-output (MIMO) transmission in near-field magnetic induction (NFMI) communication for increasing channel capacity where limited capacity is a major bottleneck problem in magnetic communication systems. Since conventional magnetic communication systems using the same antenna patterns cannot easily implement MIMO transmission due to strong crosstalk between transmitters, we propose heterogeneous antenna arrays with multipole antennas, enabling crosstalk cancellation. We confirm the crosstalk cancellation of the proposed antenna array through numerical simulations and experiments, and verify the capacity enhancement of the proposed NFMI communication system over conventional NFMI communication schemes. © 1963-2012 IEEE.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc.
- Related Researcher
Jang, Jae Eun
Advanced Electronic Devices Research Group(AEDRG)
There are no files associated with this item.
- Information and Communication EngineeringNC(Networks and Communications) Research Group1. Journal Articles
Information and Communication EngineeringAdvanced Electronic Devices Research Group(AEDRG)1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.