Cited 12 time in
Cited 13 time in
MEMS piezoelectric artificial basilar membrane with passive frequency selectivity for short pulse width signal modulation
- MEMS piezoelectric artificial basilar membrane with passive frequency selectivity for short pulse width signal modulation
- Jang, J[Jang, Jongmoon]; Kim, S[Kim, Sangwon]; Sly, DJ[Sly, David J.]; Oleary, SJ[Oleary, Stephen J.]; Choi, H[Choi, Hongsoo]
- DGIST Authors
- Jang, J[Jang, Jongmoon]; Kim, S[Kim, Sangwon]; Choi, H[Choi, Hongsoo]
- Issue Date
- Sensors and Actuators, A: Physical, 203, 6-10
- Article Type
- Acoustic Variables Measurement; Acoustic Wave Transmission; Artificial Basilar Membrane (ABM); Basilar Membranes; Electrical Stimulations; Energy Conversion; Fire Alarm Systems; Frequency Selectivity; MEMS; Natural Frequencies; Piezoelectric Acoustic Sensor; Piezoelectric Acoustic Sensors; Piezoelectric Signals; Piezoelectric Voltage; Piezoelectricity; Resonance Frequencies; Sound Pressure Level
- We demonstrated a novel MEMS artificial basilar membrane composed of a piezoelectric beam array that mimics the passive frequency selectivity of the cochlea and exhibits acoustic-to-electrical energy conversion. Each beam was designed to have a unique resonance frequency. To determine the resonance frequencies of the beams, the displacement and piezoelectric voltage were measured by applying a periodic chirped signal with a sound pressure level of 109.7 dB. The measured resonance frequencies were in the range 10-37 kHz. The piezoelectric signal was used to modulate a finite pulse-width signal for electrical stimulation; the pulse widths were in the range 0.43-5.1 ms with sound pressure levels in the range 84.9-112.4 dB. © 2013 Elsevier B.V.
- Related Researcher
Choi, Hong Soo
Bio-Micro Robotics Lab
Micro/Nano robot; Neural prostheses; MEMS; BMI; MEMS/NEMS; BioMEMS; MEMS 초음파 트랜스듀스; 인공와우
There are no files associated with this item.
- Robotics EngineeringETC1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.