Cited 19 time in
Cited 23 time in
Sensitivity map generation in electrical capacitance tomography using mixed normalization models
- Sensitivity map generation in electrical capacitance tomography using mixed normalization models
- Kim, YS[Kim, Yong Song]; Lee, SH[Lee, Seong Hun]; Ijaz, UZ[Ijaz, Umer Zeeshan]; Kim, KY[Kim, Kyung Youn]; Choi, BY[Choi, Bong Yeol]
- DGIST Authors
- Lee, SH[Lee, Seong Hun]
- Issue Date
- Measurement Science and Technology, 18(7), 2092-2102
- Article Type
- Adaptive Model; Capacitance; Electric Field Effects; Electrical Capacitance Tomography; Function Evaluation; Mathematical Models; Sensitivity Map; Thresholding Model; Tomography
- This work is concerned with the generation of sensitivity maps in electrical capacitance tomography based on the concepts of electrical field centre lines. Electrical capacitance tomography systems are normalized at the upper and lower permittivity values for image reconstruction. Conventional normalization assumes the distribution of materials in parallel and results in normalized capacitance as a linear function of measured capacitance. A recent approach is the usage of a series sensor model which results in normalized capacitance as a nonlinear function of measured capacitance. In this study different forms of normalizations are combined with sensitivity maps based on electrical field centre lines and it is shown that a mix of two normalization models improves the reconstruction performance. © 2007 IOP Publishing Ltd.
- Institute of Physics Publishing
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
Convergence Research Center for Future Automotive Technology1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.