Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
Improvement of dust detection system using infra-red sensors
- Improvement of dust detection system using infra-red sensors
- Kim, Dong Hoe; Jo, Won Se; Lee, Bum Joo; An, Jin Ung; Kim, Dong Han
- DGIST Authors
- An, Jin Ung
- Issue Date
- 3rd International Conference on Robot Intelligence Technology and Applications, RiTA 2014, 345, 693-704
- Article Type
- Conference Paper
- This paper proposes a sensor, which is capable of determining the type of dust through the dust detection sensor system that uses infrared sensor. Recently, cleaning robot is highly favored in the service robot market, which has been lead to development in various fields. Researches including navigation, localization, and developing the key components are underway to improve the performance, where the researches related to sensor are actively progressed accordingly. The dust detection device is developed to improve the performance of cleaning robot by determining the type of dust. The developed dust detection device is consists up of 1 transmitter and 24 receivers. The amount of transmitted and reflected light emanated from light sensor varies according to the characteristics of various types of dust, which passes through the middle of the dust detection device. The changes in the amount of light from 24 receivers are collected as the experiment data using the test bed of proposed dust detection device. Lastly, this paper confirms determining the type of dust by analyzing the pattern using the pixel-based dust similarity method. © Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2015.
- Springer Verlag
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Convergence Research Center for Wellness2. Conference Papers
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.