Cited 0 time in
Cited 2 time in
Magnetically guided micro-droplet using biological magnetic material for smart drug delivery system
- Magnetically guided micro-droplet using biological magnetic material for smart drug delivery system
- Oh, Da Rong; Lee, Su Won; Kim, Jin Hyuk; Choi, Hong Soo; Seo, Jong Mo; Koo, K.
- DGIST Authors
- Kim, Jin Hyuk; Choi, Hong Soo
- Issue Date
- 2014 36th Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society, EMBC 2014, 1390-1393
- Article Type
- Conference Paper
- Biodegradable polymer droplet containing magnetosome demonstrates active propulsion by magnetic field. Magnetosome is extracted from magnetotactic bacteria, AMB-1. Mixture of magnetosome and sodium alginate composes into droplet using the microfluidic device applied Plateau-Rayleigh instability principle. The magnetosome-contained droplet selects its route at the bifurcate microchannels by magnetic field. This shows tissue targeting potential of the proposed drug delivery system. © 2014 IEEE.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc.
- Related Researcher
Choi, Hong Soo
Bio-Micro Robotics Lab
Micro/Nano robot; Neural prostheses; MEMS; BMI; MEMS/NEMS; BioMEMS; MEMS 초음파 트랜스듀스; 인공와우
There are no files associated with this item.
- Robotics EngineeringETC2. Conference Papers
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.