Cited 0 time in
Cited 2 time in
Path planning algorithm based on the limit-cycle navigation method applied to the edge of obstacles
- Path planning algorithm based on the limit-cycle navigation method applied to the edge of obstacles
- Lim, Yun Won; Kim, Yong Ho; An, Jin Ung; Kim, Dong Han
- DGIST Authors
- An, Jin Ung
- Issue Date
- 13th FIRA Robot World Congress on Trends in Intelligent Robotics, FIRA 2010, 103 CCIS, 226-233
- Article Type
- Conference Paper
- This UGV (Unmanned Ground Vehicle) is not only widely used in various practical applications but is also currently being researched in many disciplines. In particular, obstacle avoidance is considered one of the most important technologies in the navigation of an unmanned vehicle. In this paper, we introduce a simple algorithm for path planning in order to reach a goal while avoiding polygonal-shaped static obstacles. Effectively to avoid such obstacles, a path planned near the obstacle is much shorter than a path planned far from the obstacle. The proposed method can be applied to two situations: when the obstacle and the robot differ in size; and when there are two obstacles. The efficiency of the proposed algorithm was verified through a set of simulations and experiments. Consequently, the proposed limit-cycle method is more effective than the original limit-cycle algorithm. © 2010 Springer-Verlag.
- Springer Verlag
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Convergence Research Center for Wellness2. Conference Papers
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.