Cited 1 time in
Cited 1 time in
A novel random terpolymer for high-efficiency bulk-heterojunction polymer solar cells
- A novel random terpolymer for high-efficiency bulk-heterojunction polymer solar cells
- Bang, SM[Bang, Su-Mi]; Kang, S[Kang, Sungkyoung]; Lee, YS[Lee, You-Sun]; Lim, B[Lim, Bogyu]; Heo, H[Heo, Hyojung]; Lee, J[Lee, Jaechol]; Lee, Y[Lee, Youngu]; Na, SI[Na, Seok-In]
- DGIST Authors
- Heo, H[Heo, Hyojung]; Lee, Y[Lee, Youngu]
- Issue Date
- RSC Advances, 7(4), 1975-1980
- Article Type
- Benzodithiophene; Bulk-Heterojunction; Bulk-Heterojunction (Bhj); Donor Materials; Efficiency; Energy Gap; Heterojunctions; High-Efficiency; Highest Occupied Molecular Orbital; Molecular Orbitals; Organic Photovoltaic (OPV); Polymer Solar Cells (PSCs); Polymers; Power Conversion Efficiencies; Solar Cells
- A new random terpolymer, coded LGC-D013, based on N-alkylthieno[3,4-c]pyrrole-4,6-dione (TPD) as the acceptor and benzodithiophene (BDT) and terthiophene as the donor units, has been synthesized and characterized as a donor material in bulk-heterojunction (BHJ) organic photovoltaic (OPV) applications. The thermal, optical, and electrochemical properties of the LGC-D013 were characterized. The polymer has a deep highest occupied molecular orbital (HOMO) level of −5.56 eV and an optical band gap of 1.84 eV in film. The OPV based on LGC-D013:PC71BM blend film demonstrated a power conversion efficiency (PCE) of 6.09%, with a relatively high fill factor (FF) of 72.55%. After 1,8-diiodooctane (DIO) treatment with a 3% volume ratio, the short circuit current density (Jsc) was improved from 9.48 to 11.29 mA cm−2, and FF was improved from 72.55 to 73.13%, resulting in PCE improvement from 6.09 to 7.22%. The BHJ OPV using LGC-D013 as the donor polymer based on TPD and BDT with terthiophene showed an improved fill factor as high as 72%, which is higher than those of conventional TPD-BDT based polymers. © The Royal Society of Chemistry.
- Royal Society of Chemistry
There are no files associated with this item.
- Energy Systems EngineeringOrganic & Printed Electronics Laboratory(OPEL)1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.