Cited 0 time in
Cited 1 time in
Enhanced Ferromagnetic Order in Mn Doped BiFeO3-Ni0.5Zn0.5Fe2O4 Multiferroic Composites
- Enhanced Ferromagnetic Order in Mn Doped BiFeO3-Ni0.5Zn0.5Fe2O4 Multiferroic Composites
- Dhanalakshmi, B[Dhanalakshmi, B.]; Rao, PSVS[Rao, P. S. V. Subba]; Rao, BP[Rao, B. Parvatheeswara]; Kim, C[Kim, CheolGi]
- DGIST Authors
- Kim, C[Kim, CheolGi]
- Issue Date
- Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, 16(10), 11089-11093
- Article Type
- Bismuth Compounds; Dielectric Measurements; Ferrite; Ferromagnetic Orderings; Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy; Iron Compounds; Magnetic Materials; Magnetization; Magnetoelectric Couplings; Manganese; Manganese Oxide; Multiferroic Composites; Multiferroic Properties; Multiferroics; Nanocomposites; Nickel; Polarization; Saturation Magnetization; Sol-Gel Auto-Combustion; Sol-Gel Autocombustion; Sol-Gel Process; Sol-Gels; Structural Modifications; X Ray Diffraction Analysis; Zinc
- Multiferroic composites of 0.5 BiFeO3-0.5Ni0.5Zn0.5Fe2O4 and 0.5Bi0.95Mn0.05FeO3-0.5 Ni0.5Zn0.5Fe2O4 were prepared by combining sol-gel autocombustion and solid state methods. X-ray diffraction analysis of the composites reveals that the samples are formed as di-phase compounds while retaining the spinel phase for the Ni-Zn ferrite and perovskite phase for the Bi-ferrite. Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy measurements on the composites confirm their structures with the presence of Fe-O and Bi-O bonds. Dielectric measurements on the composites were used to discuss about the possible polarization/conduction mechanisms, phase transitions and magnetoelectric coupling. Room temperature ferroelectric and magnetic hysteresis loop studies on the samples ensure that the Mn doped composite exhibits enhanced remnant polarization as well as saturation magnetization compared to the undoped composite. Moreover, the Mn doping has further translated the composite into magnetically softened with coercivity almost close to zero. The obtained improvements in the dielectric and multiferroic properties of the composites are attributed to the corresponding structural modifications brought about by the Mn doping. Copyright © 2016 American Scientific Publishers All rights reserved.
- American Scientific Publishers
There are no files associated with this item.
- Emerging Materials ScienceETC1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.