Cited 2 time in
Cited 2 time in
Tip-Induced Molecule Anchoring in Ni Phthalocyanine on Au(111) Substrate
- Tip-Induced Molecule Anchoring in Ni Phthalocyanine on Au(111) Substrate
- Jeong, YC[Jeong, Yong Chan]; Song, SY[Song, Sang Yong]; Kim, Y[Kim, Youngjae]; Oh, Y[Oh, Youngtek]; Kang, J[Kang, Joongoo]; Seo, J[Seo, Jungpil]
- DGIST Authors
- Jeong, YC[Jeong, Yong Chan]; Song, SY[Song, Sang Yong]; Kim, Y[Kim, Youngjae]; Kang, J[Kang, Joongoo]; Seo, J[Seo, Jungpil]
- Issue Date
- Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 119(49), 27721-27726
- Article Type
- Au (111) Substrates; Bond Strength (Chemical); Bottom Up; Density Functional Theory; Desired Position; Functional Molecules; Ligands; Molecular Machines; Molecules; Nickel; Nitrogen Compounds; Phthalocyanine Molecules; Scanning Tunneling Microscopy; Single Molecule; Tip-Induced
- Pinning single molecules at desired positions can provide opportunities to fabricate bottom-up designed molecular machines. Using the combined approach of scanning tunneling microscopy and density functional theory, we report on tip-induced anchoring of Ni-phthalocyanine molecules on an Au(111) substrate. We demonstrate that the tip-induced current leads to the dehydrogenation of a benzene-like ligand in the molecule, which subsequently creates chemical bonds between the molecule and the substrate. It is also found that the diffusivity of Ni-phthalocyanine molecules is dramatically reduced when the molecules are anchored on the Au adatoms produced by bias pulsing. The tip-induced molecular anchoring would be readily applicable to other functional molecules that contain similar ligands. © 2015 American Chemical Society.
- American Chemical Society
There are no files associated with this item.
- Emerging Materials ScienceLight and Matter Theory Laboratory1. Journal Articles
Emerging Materials ScienceComputational Materials Theory Group1. Journal Articles
Emerging Materials ScienceNanospm Lab(Quantum Physics Research Group)1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.