Cited 2 time in
Cited 2 time in
Two-Dimensional TiO2 Honeycomb Structure for Enhanced Light Extraction from Polymer Light-Emitting Diodes
- Two-Dimensional TiO2 Honeycomb Structure for Enhanced Light Extraction from Polymer Light-Emitting Diodes
- Hyun, WJ[Hyun, Woo Jin]; Lee, HK[Lee, Hang Ken]; Im, SH[Im, Sang Hyuk]; Park, OO[Park, O. Ok]
- DGIST Authors
- Park, OO[Park, O. Ok]
- Issue Date
- Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, 14(11), 8411-8415
- Article Type
- Colloidal Crystal; Colloidal Crystals; Honeycomb Structure; Honeycomb Structures; Light Extraction; Polymer Light-Emitting Diode (PLED); Polymer Light-Emitting Diodes; Sol-Gel; Sol-Gel Process; TiO
- We have demonstrated the preparation of an ordered hole pattern via a simple colloidal assembly technique and a sol-gel process without the use of any special equipment to enhance light extraction from polymer light-emitting diodes (LEDs). From two-dimensional (2D) polystyrene (PS) colloidal crystals, 2D TiO2 honeycomb structures were easily obtained after depositing TiOx sol solution onto the colloidal crystals by a doctor blade technique and removing the PS colloidal particles. In order to optimize the thickness of the deposited TiOx materials for fabricating 2D TiO2 honeycomb structures, the concentration of the TiOx sol solution was controlled. By applying the 2D TiO2 honeycomb structure on the backside of the glass substrate, the efficiency of a polymer LED, compared to the device without the structure, was increased without a significant change in the electroluminescence spectrum. This enhancement is attributed to the improved light extraction, which is due to the suppression of total internal reflection at the interface between the glass substrate and the air. © 2014 American Scientific Publishers.
- American Scientific Publishers
There are no files associated with this item.
- Energy Science and EngineeringETC1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.