Cited 5 time in
Cited 5 time in
Time-gated pre-resonant femtosecond stimulated Raman spectroscopy of diethylthiatricarbocyanine iodide
- Time-gated pre-resonant femtosecond stimulated Raman spectroscopy of diethylthiatricarbocyanine iodide
- Kim, HM[Kim, Hyung Min]; Kim, H[Kim, Hyunmin]; Yang, I[Yang, Ilseung]; Jin, SM[Jin, Seung Min]; Suh, YD[Suh, Yung Doug]
- DGIST Authors
- Kim, H[Kim, Hyunmin]
- Issue Date
- Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, 16(11), 5312-5318
- Article Type
- Carbocyanine; Carbocyanines; Chemistry; Diethylthiotricarbocyanine Iodide; Methodology; Raman Spectrometry; Spectrum Analysis, Raman
- We present time-gated femtosecond stimulated Raman spectroscopy (fSRS) under the pre-resonance Raman conditions of diethylthiatricarbocyanine (DTTC) iodide. A 'pseudo emission-free' condition is achieved by delivering the probe beam ahead of the pump beam. Regeneratively amplified pulse trains are employed to create an angle-geometry (non-collimated) mixing between the pump and probe beams, leading to highly sensitive measurement of the stimulated Raman gain. Time-integrated spectroscopy allows for a more quantitative distinction between the contributions of stimulated Raman scattering and stimulated emission. We successfully obtain a highly sensitive (signal-to-noise ratio >100) stimulated Raman spectrum under the optimized conditions, which compares favourably to results obtained using two-dimensional correlation spectroscopy (2DCOS). Given the optical pre-resonance of ∼0.1 eV, the background signals mostly originate from the stimulated emission of excited electrons and are significantly reduced by partial overlapping of the pump and probe beams; a genuine fSRS spectral profile is obtained for a temporal delay of ∼0.2 ps between the two beams. © 2014 the Owner Societies.
- Royal Society of Chemistry
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Companion Diagnostics and Medical Technology Research Group1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.