Cited 6 time in
Cited 6 time in
Surface Plasmon-Enhanced Light-Emission Mechanism of Ag-Coated ZnO/Al2O3 Core/Shell Nanorod Structures
- Surface Plasmon-Enhanced Light-Emission Mechanism of Ag-Coated ZnO/Al2O3 Core/Shell Nanorod Structures
- Noh, BY[Noh, Bum-Young]; Baek, SH[Baek, Seong-Ho]; Jung, YI[Jung, Yong-Il]; Kim, JH[Kim, Jae Hyun]; Park, IK[Park, Il-Kyu]
- DGIST Authors
- Noh, BY[Noh, Bum-Young]; Baek, SH[Baek, Seong-Ho]; Jung, YI[Jung, Yong-Il]; Kim, JH[Kim, Jae Hyun]
- Issue Date
- Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, 13(5), 3335-3340
- Article Type
- Article; Proceedings Paper
- Ag Nanoparticle; Aluminum; Aluminum Coatings; Aluminum Oxide; Chemistry; Conformation; Core-Shell Nanorods; Direct Transfer; Electrical Carriers; Energy Transfer; Forster Energy Transfer; Gold; Light Emission Mechanisms; Luminescence; Luminescent Measurements; Macromolecular Substances; Macromolecule; Materials Testing; Metal Nanoparticle; Metal Nanoparticles; Methodology; Molecular Conformation; Nanoparticles; Nanorods; Particle Size; Plasmons; Silver; Structural Characterization; Surface Plasmon; Surface Plasmon Resonance; Surface Plasmons; Surface Properties; Surface Property; Ultrastructure; Zinc Oxide; ZnO Nanorod; ZnO Nanorods
- Surface plasmon (SP)-enhanced light emission mechanism has been investigated for the Ag-coated ZnO/Al2O3 core/shell nanorods (NRs). Structural characterizations showed that the ZnO NRs were covered by conformal Al2O3 layer and coated by Ag nanoparticles (NPs). The optical studies by photoluminescence (PL) showed abnormal variation of PL intensity with increasing the thickness of Al 2O3. For the Ag NPs-coated ZnO NRs without Al 2O3 shell layer, the PL emission quenched due to direct transfer of the photo-excited electrical carriers from ZnO NRs to Ag NPs. With thin Al2O3 layers less than 15 nm, the PL intensity increased with increasing the thickness of Al2O3 layers due to weakening of the Förster-type energy transfer while strong SP-mediated PL emission enhancement. For thicker Al2O3 layers than 15 nm, however, the PL intensity decreased with increasing the thickness of Al2O3 layers due to weakening of SP-mediated PL emission enhancement. Copyright © 2013 American Scientific Publishers.
- American Scientific Publishers
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Division of Nano∙Energy Convergence Research1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.