Cited 4 time in
Cited 4 time in
The effect of post-growth thermal annealing on the emission spectra of GaAs/AlGaAs quantum dots grown by droplet epitaxy
- The effect of post-growth thermal annealing on the emission spectra of GaAs/AlGaAs quantum dots grown by droplet epitaxy
- Moon, P[Moon, Pilkyung]; Lee, JD[Lee, J. D.]; Ha, SK[Ha, S. K.]; Lee, EH[Lee, E. H.]; Choi, WJ[Choi, W. J.]; Song, JD[Song, J. D.]; Kim, JS[Kim, J. S.]; Dang, LS[Dang, L. S.]
- DGIST Authors
- Lee, JD[Lee, J. D.]
- Issue Date
- Physica Status Solidi: Rapid Research Letters, 6(11), 445-447
- Article Type
- Algaas; Aluminum Gallium Arsenide; Annealing; Droplet Epitaxy; Drops; Emission Energies; Emission Spectroscopy; Emission Spectrums; Epitaxial Growth; GaAs; GaAs/AlGaAs; Luminescence; Optical Activation; Optical Properties; Peak Shift; Postgrowth Thermal Annealing; Quantum Dots; Scanning Transmission Electron Microscopy; Semiconductor Quantum Dots; Superlattices; Thermal-Annealing; Transmission Electron Microscopy
- We fabricated GaAs/AlGaAs quantum dots by droplet epitaxy, and obtained the geometries of the dots by scanning transmission electron microscopy. Post-growth thermal annealing is essential for the optical activation of quantum dots grown by droplet epitaxy. We measured the emission energy shifts of the dots and the underlying superlattice by post- growth thermal annealing, and specified the emission from dots by selectively etching the structure down to a low layer of quantum dots. We studied the influence of the degree of annealing on the optical properties of the dots from the peak shifts of the superlattice, since the superlattice has a uniform and well-defined geometry. © 2012 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim.
- Wiley-VCH Verlag
There are no files associated with this item.
- Emerging Materials ScienceETC1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.