Cited 95 time in
Cited 99 time in
Synthesis of a graphene-carbon nanotube composite and its electrochemical sensing of hydrogen peroxide
- Synthesis of a graphene-carbon nanotube composite and its electrochemical sensing of hydrogen peroxide
- Woo, S[Woo, Seunghee]; Kim, YR[Kim, Yang-Rae]; Chung, TD[Chung, Taek Dong]; Piao, Y[Piao, Yuanzhe]; Kim, H[Kim, Hasuck]
- DGIST Authors
- Kim, H[Kim, Hasuck]
- Issue Date
- Electrochimica Acta, 59, 509-514
- Article Type
- Carbon Atoms; Composite; Composite Modified Electrodes; Detection Limits; Electro-Chemical Electrodes; Electrocatalytic Reduction; Electrochemical Properties; Electrochemical Sensing; Electrochemical Sensors; Electrochemical Surface Area; Fast Electron Transfer; Graphene; Hydrogen; Hydrogen Peroxide; Linear Dependence; Multi-Walled; Multiwalled Carbon Nanotube; Multiwalled Carbon Nanotubes (MWCN); Nanocomposite Films; Nanotube Composites; Oxidation; Redox Species; Sensors; Single Layer
- Graphene, whose structure consists of a single layer of sp 2-hybridized carbon atoms, provides an excellent platform for designing composite nanomaterials. In this study, we have demonstrated a facile process to synthesize graphene-multiwalled carbon nanotube (MWCNT) composite. The graphene-MWCNT composite material is endowed with a large electrochemical surface area and fast electron transfer properties in Fe(CN) 6 3-/4- redox species. A graphene-MWCNT composite modified electrode exhibits good performance in terms of the electrocatalytic reduction of H 2O 2; a sensor constructed from such an electrode shows a good linear dependence on H 2O 2 concentration in the range of 2 × 10 -5 to 2.1 × 10 -3 mol L -1. The detection limit is estimated to be 9.4 × 10 -6 mol L -1. This study provides a new kind of composite modified electrode for electrochemical sensors. © 2011 Elsevier Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
- Elsevier Ltd
There are no files associated with this item.
- Energy Science and EngineeringETC1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.