Cited 56 time in
Cited 59 time in
Border Control-A Membrane-Linked Interactome of Arabidopsis
- Border Control-A Membrane-Linked Interactome of Arabidopsis
- Jones, AM[Jones, Alexander M.]; Xuan, YH[Xuan, Yuanhu]; Xu, M[Xu, Meng]; Wang, RS[Wang, Rui-Sheng]; Ho, CH[Ho, Cheng-Hsun]; Lalonde, S[Lalonde, Sylvie]; You, CH[You, Chang Hun]; Sardi, MI[Sardi, Maria I.]; Parsa, SA[Parsa, Saman A.]; Smith-Valle, E[Smith-Valle, Erika]; Su, TY[Su, Tianying]; Frazer, KA[Frazer, Keith A.]; Pilot, G[Pilot, Guillaume]; Pratelli, R[Pratelli, Rejane]; Grossmann, G[Grossmann, Guido]; Acharya, BR[Acharya, Biswa R.]; Hu, HC[Hu, Heng-Cheng]; Engineer, C[Engineer, Cawas]; Villiers, F[Villiers, Florent]; Ju, CL[Ju, Chuanli]; Takeda, K[Takeda, Kouji]; Su, Z[Su, Zhao]; Dong, QF[Dong, Qunfeng]; Assmann, SM[Assmann, Sarah M.]; Chen, J[Chen, Jin]; Kwak, JM[Kwak, June M.]; Schroeder, JI[Schroeder, Julian I.]; Albert, R[Albert, Reka]; Rhee, SY[Rhee, Seung Y.]; Frommer, WB[Frommer, Wolf B.]
- DGIST Authors
- Kwak, JM[Kwak, June M.]
- Issue Date
- Science, 344(6185), 711-716
- Article Type
- Abscisic Acid (ABA); Angiosperm; Aquaporin; Arabidopsis; Arabidopsis Protein; Arabidopsis Proteins; Biological Phenomena and Functions Concerning the Entire Organism; Brassinolide; Brassinosteroid; Cell Membrane; Enzyme Activity; Functional Genomics; Gene Expression; Genetics; Green Fluorescent Protein; Guanine Nucleotide Binding Protein; Heterotrimeric Guanine Nucleotide Binding Protein; Hormone; Membrane; Membrane Protein; Membrane Proteins; Membrane Receptor; Metabolism; Non-Human; Oligomerization; Plant; Potassium Channel; Priority Journal; Protein; Protein Family; Protein Interaction; Protein Interaction Maps; Protein Protein Interaction; Protein Serine Threonine Kinase; Protein Subunit; Signal Transduction; Signaling; Solute Transport; Space; Two-Hybrid System; Two-Hybrid System Techniques; Ubiquitin; Yeast
- Cellular membranes act as signaling platforms and control solute transport. Membrane receptors, transporters, and enzymes communicate with intracellular processes through protein-protein interactions. Using a split-ubiquitin yeast two-hybrid screen that covers a test-space of 6.4 × 106 pairs, we identified 12,102 membrane/signaling protein interactions from Arabidopsis. Besides confirmation of expected interactions such as heterotrimeric G protein subunit interactions and aquaporin oligomerization, >99% of the interactions were previously unknown. Interactions were confirmed at a rate of 32% in orthogonal in planta split-green flourescent protein interaction assays, which was statistically indistinguishable from the confirmation rate for known interactions collected from literature (38%). Regulatory associations in membrane protein trafficking, turnover, and phosphorylation include regulation of potassium channel activity through abscisic acid signaling, transporter activity by a WNK kinase, and a brassinolide receptor kinase by trafficking-related proteins. These examples underscore the utility of the membrane/signaling protein interaction network for gene discovery and hypothesis generation in plants and other organisms.
- American Association for the Advancement of Science
- Related Researcher
Kwak, June Myoung
KWAK_LAB(Lab of Cell Signailng)
Calcium Signaling; ABA;ROS Signaling; drought-tolerant plants; Development of Abscission; Culluar Features; Signaling network; Environmental Regulation
There are no files associated with this item.
- New BiologyETC1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.