Cited 9 time in
Cited 12 time in
Nitrogen-Doped Porous Multi-Nano-Channel Nanocarbons for Use in High-Performance Supercapacitor Applications
- Nitrogen-Doped Porous Multi-Nano-Channel Nanocarbons for Use in High-Performance Supercapacitor Applications
- Ramakrishnan, P[Ramakrishnan, Prakash]; Shanmugam, S[Shanmugam, Sangaraju]
- DGIST Authors
- Shanmugam, S[Shanmugam, Sangaraju]
- Issue Date
- ACS Sustainable Chemistry and Engineering, 4(4), 2439-2448
- Article Type
- Capacitors; Doping (Additives); Electrode Material; Electrolytic Capacitors; Electrospinning; Immiscible Polymer; Multi-Channel; Multi-Channel-Carbon; Nano-Carbon; Nanorods; Nitrogen; Nitrogen-Doped Carbon; Nitrogen-Doped Carbons; Specific Capacitance; Super Capacitor; Supercapacitor; Supercapacitor Application
- Herein, we report a simple strategy for the rational design of a three-dimensional carbon material, in situ nitrogen-doped porous multi-nano-channel carbon nanorods (N-MCNR), using immiscible polymers blends. A series of N-MCNR with discrete and well-connected continuous nanochannels ranging from 18 to 75 nm in size was developed. The N-MCNR developed in this work represents the good controllability of nanopores and nanochannels integrated at the nanoscale level. Three-dimensional N-MCNR nanostructured materials have been recommended as a promising electrode material for use in high-performance supercapacitors (SCs). A prototypical pouch-type symmetric SC was assembled and operated under practical application conditions. The N-MCNR-based symmetric SC device fabricated in this study delivered a maximum specific capacitance of 335 F g-1at 0.25 A g-1 with corresponding energy density of 11.2 Wh kg-1, and also exhibited an outstanding long-term cycle stability of 50 000 cycles, with 92.6% charge retention. © 2016 American Chemical Society.
- American Chemical Society
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Energy Science and EngineeringAdvanced Energy Materials Laboratory1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.