Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
Dysprosium and Gadolinium Double Doped Bismuth Oxide Electrolytes for Low Temperature Solid Oxide Fuel Cells
- Dysprosium and Gadolinium Double Doped Bismuth Oxide Electrolytes for Low Temperature Solid Oxide Fuel Cells
- Jung, DW[Jung, Doh Won]; Lee, KT[Lee, Kang Taek]; Wachsman, ED[Wachsman, Eric D.]
- DGIST Authors
- Lee, KT[Lee, Kang Taek]
- Issue Date
- Journal of the Electrochemical Society, 163(5), F411-F415
- Article Type
- Herein, we developed a novel double dopant bismuth oxide electrolyte system with dysprosium (Dy) and gadolinium (Gd). The effect of the co-dopants on phase stability and electrical properties was investigated. Phase transformation from cubic to rhombohedral was observed as Gd dopant concentration increased and consequently resulted in conductivity degradation. The stabilization of high temperature cubic phase was achieved with a total dopant concentration as low as similar to 12 mol% with 8 mol% Dy and 4 mol% Gd double dopant composition (8D4GSB) and this composition showed one of the highest total conductivity reported at this low temperature regime. In addition, the long-term stability of DGSB electrolytes was investigated. (C) The Author(s) 2016. Published by ECS. All rights reserved.
- Electrochemical Society
There are no files associated with this item.
- Energy Science and EngineeringAECSL(Advanced Energy Conversion and Storage Lab)1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.