Cited 5 time in
Cited 5 time in
Physiochemical properties of combustion synthesized La0.6Sr0.4Co0.8Fe0.2O3-delta perovskite: A role of fuel to oxidant ratio
- Physiochemical properties of combustion synthesized La0.6Sr0.4Co0.8Fe0.2O3-delta perovskite: A role of fuel to oxidant ratio
- Jamale, AP[Jamale, Atul P.]; Shanmugam, S[Shanmugam, Sangaraju]; Bhosale, CH[Bhosale, C. H.]; Jadhav, LD[Jadhav, L. D.]
- DGIST Authors
- Shanmugam, S[Shanmugam, Sangaraju]
- Issue Date
- Materials Science in Semiconductor Processing, 40, 855-860
- Article Type
- Agglomeration; Catalyst Activity; Catalytic Activity; Combustion Reactions; Combustion Synthesis; Exothermicity; High Surface-to-Volume Ratio; Nano-Crystalline Materials; Nanocrystals; Oxidant Ratio; Oxidants; Particle Size; Particle Size Analysis; Particles Sizes; Phase Pure; Physio-Chemical Properties; Solution Combustion Synthesis; Thermoanalysis
- Abstract The solution combustion synthesis is a novel approach to synthesize the nanocrystalline materials with an unexpectedly high surface to volume ratio. Thus, in present paper, La0.6Sr0.4Co0.8Fe0.2O3-δ powders have been synthesized by solution combustion synthesis route at different fuel to oxidant ratio (ψ) and its effect on different physiochemical properties have been studied. The mode of propagation of combustion reaction changed from smoldering to volume with increasing ψ. The thermal analysis shows that exothermicity increased with ψ resulting into enhanced agglomeration as confirmed from particle size distribution. Typically, the size of agglomerate varies from 0.59 to 1.56 μm. The XRD and FT-IR patterns reveal that the phase pure La0.6Sr0.4Co0.8Fe0.2O3-δ is formed at the ψ=2. The TEM particles size is 25 nm. La0.6Sr0.4Co0.8Fe0.2O3-δ powder shows the higher catalytic activity at about 426 °C. © 2015 Elsevier Ltd.
- Elsevier Ltd
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Energy Science and EngineeringAdvanced Energy Materials Laboratory1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.