Cited 5 time in
Cited 6 time in
Evidence of charge-density waves in the optical properties of SmNiC2
- Evidence of charge-density waves in the optical properties of SmNiC2
- Ahmad, D[Ahmad, D.]; Min, BH[Min, Byeon Hun]; Min, GI[Min, Gyeon Im]; Kimura, SI[Kimura, Shin-Ichi]; Seo, J[Seo, Jungpil]; Kwon, YS[Kwon, Yong Seung]
- DGIST Authors
- Ahmad, D[Ahmad, D.]; Min, BH[Min, Byeon Hun]; Seo, J[Seo, Jungpil]; Kwon, YS[Kwon, Yong Seung]
- Issue Date
- Physica Status Solidi B: Basic Solid State Physics, 252(12), 2662-2666
- Article Type
- Charge Density Wave (CDW); Optical Conductivity; SmNiC2
- In this study, we have measured the optical reflectivity spectra of low-dimensional SmNiC2 (TC=18.5 K and TCDW=151 K) in the terahertz to ultraviolet frequency range at various temperatures. The optical conductivity spectra were transformed from the reflectivity data using the Kramers-Kronig relation. The optical conductivity of the normal state is well described by the Drude-Lorentz model assuming two bands. In nonmagnetic states below TCDW, two clean gaps opening on top of the Drude response are observed at around 500 and 750 cm-1. In the ferromagnetic state, the higher-side gap opening remains at the same frequency but the lower-side gap opening disappears, instead an additional absorption due to magnon gap formation is observed at around 70 cm-1. Â© 2015 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim.
- Wiley-VCH Verlag
- Related Researcher
Seo, Jung Pil
Nanospm Lab(Quantum Physics Research Group)
Topological Matters; High Tc Superconductors; Low dimensional Quantum Matters
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Emerging Materials ScienceQuantum Functional Materials Laboratory1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.