Cited 2 time in
Cited 2 time in
Microwave-assisted synthesis and characterization of bimetallic PtRu alloy nanoparticles supported on carbon nanotubes
- Microwave-assisted synthesis and characterization of bimetallic PtRu alloy nanoparticles supported on carbon nanotubes
- Rahsepar, M[Rahsepar, Mansour]; Kim, H[Kim, Hasuck]
- DGIST Authors
- Kim, H[Kim, Hasuck]
- Issue Date
- Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 649, 1323-1328
- Article Type
- Carbon Nanotube; Carbon Nanotubes; Electrochemical Measurements; Electron Spectroscopy; External Surfaces; High Resolution Transmission Electron Microscopy; Impregnation; Microwave Assisted; Microwave Assisted Synthesis; Microwave Synthesis; Microwaves; Multiwalled Carbon Nanotubes (MWCN); Nanoparticles; Platinum Alloys; Pt-Ru Alloy; Pt-Ru Alloy Nanoparticles; Pt-Ru Nanoparticles; Synthesis (Chemical); Transmission Electron Microscopy; X Ray Diffraction; Yarn
- Abstract Multiwalled carbon nanotube (MWCNT) supported PtRu nanoparticles were synthesized by using a microwave-assisted improved impregnation technique. X-ray diffraction, transmission electron microscopy and X-ray photo electron spectroscopy were used to characterize the prepared PtRu/MWCNT nanoparticles. The PtRu nanoparticles with a satisfactory dispersion were formed on the external surface of MWCNTs. The CO stripping experiment was performed to evaluate the poisoning resistance of the prepared PtRu/MWCNT nanoparticles. Results of electrochemical measurements indicate that the prepared PtRu/MWCNTs shows an enhanced performance toward CO poisoning. The results of characterization revealed that microwave-assisted improved impregnation technique have a high yield of alloy phase formation and could be effectively used as a simple, quick and efficient technique for preparation of bimetallic PtRu/MWCNT nanoparticles. © 2015 Elsevier B.V.
There are no files associated with this item.
- Energy Science and EngineeringETC1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.