Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
Improved Photovoltaic Properties of Dye-Sensitized Solar Cells with KNO3-Modified Photoelectrodes
- Improved Photovoltaic Properties of Dye-Sensitized Solar Cells with KNO3-Modified Photoelectrodes
- Oh, JH[Oh, Ju Hee]; Lee, SJ[Lee, Sang-Ju]; Kim, DH[Kim, Dae-Hwan]; Sung, SJ[Sung, Shi-Joon]; Lee, MH[Lee, Min Ho]; Han, YS[Han, Yoon Soo]
- DGIST Authors
- Oh, JH[Oh, Ju Hee]; Lee, SJ[Lee, Sang-Ju]; Kim, DH[Kim, Dae-Hwan]
- Issue Date
- Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, 15(11), 8859-8863
- Article Type
- Charge Recombinations; Dye-Sensitized Solar Cell; Dye-Sensitized Solar Cells (DSCs); Electro-Chemical Impedance Spectroscopy (EIS); Electrodes; KNO3; Open Circuit Voltage; Open Circuit Voltage Decays; Photo-Electrode; Photovoltaic Property; Power Conversion Efficiencies; Recombination; Solar Cells; Solar Power Generation; Surface Modifier; Surface Modifiers; Surface Treatment; Titanium Dioxide
- The surface of a TiO2 photoelectrode was modified through a dip-coating process using an aqueous potassium nitrate (KNO3) solution to increase the power-conversion efficiency of dye-sensitized solar cells (DSSCs). The KNO3-modified TiO2 electrode was applied to the photoanode of the DSSCs. The DSSC with the KNO3-modified TiO2 electrode exhibited a short-circuit current (Jsc) of 15.26 mA/cm2 and an open-circuit voltage (Voc) of 671 mV, compared with a Jsc of 13.74 mA/cm2 and Voc of 654 mV for a reference device with a pristine TiO2 electrode. The results in combination with relevant data from electrochemical impedance spectroscopy, open-circuit voltage decay, and dark current measurements revealed that the modification of the TiO2 surface using the surface modifier (KNO3) led to a longer electron lifetime by the suppression of the charge recombination between injected electrons and I-3 ions, resulting in an increase in both Jsc and Voc, compared with those of the reference device without surface modification. Copyright © 2015 American Scientific Publishers All rights reserved.
- American Scientific Publishers
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Convergence Research Center for Solar Energy1. Journal Articles
Convergence Research Center for Solar Energy1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.