Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
Recent Trends in Receding Horizon Control
- Recent Trends in Receding Horizon Control
- Kwon, W.H.[Kwon, Wook Hyun]; Han, S.[Han, Soo Hee ]
- DGIST Authors
- Kwon, W.H.[Kwon, Wook Hyun]
- Issue Date
- Journal of Institute of Control, Robotics and Systems, 20(3), 235-244
- Article Type
- Calculations; Computation; Constraint Handling; Energy Management Systems; Implementation; Model Predictive Control; MPC (Model Predictive Control); Optimal Control Systems; Petrochemical Plants; Predictive Control Systems; Receding Horizon Control; RHC (Receding Horizon Control); Robust
- This article introduces recent trends in RHC (Receding Horizon Control), also known as MPC (Model Predictive Control), that has been well recognized in industry and academy as a systematic approach for optimal design and constraint management. Constrained and robust RHCs will be briefly reviewed with milestone results. Among the diverse developments and achievements of RHCs, implementation issues will be focused on, together with the latest applications. In particular, this article introduces results on how to solve a finite horizon open-loop optimal control problem in an efficient way, together with code generation for real-time execution and easy implementation. Instead of traditional applications such as refineries and petrochemical plants, this article highlights some selected emerging applications, such as energy management systems and mechatronics, that have resulted from state-of-the-art high performance computing power and advanced numerical schemes.
- Institute of Control, Robotics and Systems
There are no files associated with this item.
- Information and Communication EngineeringETC1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.