Cited 17 time in
Cited 5 time in
Mononuclear Manganese-Peroxo and Bis(mu-oxo)dimanganese Complexes Bearing a Common N-Methylated Macrocyclic Ligand
- Mononuclear Manganese-Peroxo and Bis(mu-oxo)dimanganese Complexes Bearing a Common N-Methylated Macrocyclic Ligand
- Kang, H[Kang, Hyeona]; Cho, J[Cho, Jaeheung]; Cho, KB[Cho, Kyung-Bin]; Nomura, T[Nomura, Takashi]; Ogura, T[Ogura, Takashi]; Nam, W[Nam, Wonwoo]
- DGIST Authors
- Cho, J[Cho, Jaeheung]
- Issue Date
- Chemistry: A European Journal, 19(42), 14119-14125
- Article Type
- Aldehyde Deformylation; Aldehydes; Biochemistry; Bioinorganic Chemistry; Enzyme Kinetics; Kinetics; Ligands; Macro-Cyclic Ligands; Manganese; Nucleophilic Reaction; Nucleophilic Reactivity; Peroxo Ligands; Physicochemical Methods; Spectroscopic Characterization; Synthesis (Chemical); Ultraviolet Visible Spectroscopy; UV-Visible Spectroscopy
- Mononuclear MnIII-peroxo and dinuclear bis(μ-oxo)Mn III 2 complexes that bear a common macrocyclic ligand were synthesized by controlling the concentration of the starting MnII complex in the reaction of H2O2 (i.e., a Mn III-peroxo complex at a low concentration (≤ 1 mM) and a bis(μ-oxo)MnIII 2 complex at a high concentration (≥30mM)). These intermediates were successfully characterized by various physicochemical methods such as UV-visible spectroscopy, ESI-MS, resonance Raman, and X-ray analysis. The structural and spectroscopic characterization combined with density functional theory (DFT) calculations demon-strated unambiguously that the peroxo ligand is bound in a side-on fashion in the MnIII-peroxo complex and the Mn2O2 diamond core is in the bis(μ-oxo)MnIII 2 complex. The reactivity of these intermediates was investigated in electrophilic and nucleophilic reactions, in which only the MnIII-peroxo complex showed a nucleophilic reactivity in the deformylation of aldehydes. © 2013 Wiley-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA.
- Wiley-VCH Verlag
There are no files associated with this item.
- Emerging Materials ScienceETC1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.