Cited 16 time in
Cited 16 time in
Non-functionalized soluble diketopyrrolopyrrole: Simplest p-channel core for organic field-effect transistors
- Non-functionalized soluble diketopyrrolopyrrole: Simplest p-channel core for organic field-effect transistors
- Palai, AK[Palai, Akshaya K.]; Cho, H[Cho, Hyejin]; Cho, S[Cho, Sungwoo]; Shin, TJ[Shin, Tae Joo]; Jang, S[Jang, Soonmin]; Park, SU[Park, Seung-Un]; Pyo, S[Pyo, Seungmoon]
- DGIST Authors
- Cho, S[Cho, Sungwoo]
- Issue Date
- Organic Electronics: physics, materials, applications, 14(5), 1396-1406
- Article Type
- Atomic Force Microscopy; Cyclic Voltammetry; Density Functional Theory; Density Functional Theory Calculations; Diketopyrrolopyrrole; Diketopyrrolopyrroles; Field-Effect Mobilities; Fluorescence Spectroscopy; Functionalizations; Gate Dielectrics; Organic Electronic Devices; Organic Field-Effect Transistor (OFETs); Organic Field-Effect Transistors; Organic Microwire; Organic Semiconductor; Poly(4-Vinylphenol); Polymer Dielectric; Polymer Dielectrics; Semiconducting Organic Compounds; Thermoanalysis; X Ray Diffraction
- We report the synthesis, characterization and behavior in field-effect transistors of non-functionalized soluble diketopyrrolopyrrole (DPP) core with only a solubilizing alkyl chain (i.e. -C16H33 or -C 18H37) as the simplest p-channel semiconductor. The characteristics were evaluated by UV-vis and fluorescence spectroscopy, X-ray diffraction, cyclic voltammetry (CV), thermal analysis, atomic force microscopy (AFM) and density functional theory (DFT) calculation. For top-contact field-effect transistors, two types of active layers were prepared either by a solution process (as a 1D-microwire) or thermal vacuum deposition (as a thin-film) on a cross-linked poly(4-vinylphenol) gate dielectric. All the devices showed typical p-channel behavior with dominant hole transports. The device made with 1D-microwiress of DPP-R18 showed field-effect mobility in the saturation region of 1.42 × 10-2 cm2/V s with I ON/IOFF of 1.82 × 103. These findings suggest that the non-functionalized soluble DPP core itself without any further functionalization could also be used as a p-channel semiconductor for low-cost organic electronic devices.© 2013 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Elsevier B.V.
There are no files associated with this item.
- Center for Core Research Facilities1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.