Cited 3 time in
Cited 3 time in
Effect of Valeric Acid as a Co-adsorbate on the Performance of Dye-Sensitized Solar Cells
- Effect of Valeric Acid as a Co-adsorbate on the Performance of Dye-Sensitized Solar Cells
- Kang, CS[Kang, Cheon Su]; Park, SK[Park, Su Kyung]; Kim, JT[Kim, Jong Tae]; Kang, JK[Kang, Jin Kyu]; Han, YS[Han, Yoon Soo]; Choi, SY[Choi, Sie Young]
- DGIST Authors
- Kim, JT[Kim, Jong Tae]; Kang, JK[Kang, Jin Kyu]
- Issue Date
- Molecular Crystals and Liquid Crystals, 586(1), 9-15
- Article Type
- Adsorbates; Charge Recombination; Charge Recombinations; Co-Adsobate; Dye-Sensitized Solar Cell; Dye-Sensitized Solar Cells (DSCs); Electron Collections; Open Circuit Voltage; Photoelectrochemical Cells; Photovoltaic Effects; Photovoltaic Performance; Power Conversion Efficiencies; Saturated Fatty Acids; Solar Cells; Titanium Dioxide; Valeric Acid; Valeric Acids
- We investigated effects of valeric acid (VA) as a co-adsorbate on the photovoltaic performance of dye-sensitized solar cells (DSSCs). When the introduction of VA onto TiO2 surface was performed after dye (N719) adsorption, the DSSC with VA showed an increase in short-circuit current (J sc), open-circuit voltage (Voc) and fill factor, resulting in a power conversion efficiency of 7.27%, compared to that (6.20%) of reference device without VA. Incorporation of VA on free TiO2 surface induced longer lifetime of electrons injected from excited dyes to conduction band of TiO2, leading to the increase of electron collection efficiency and the suppression of charge recombination between injected electrons and I3 - ions, and thus larger Jsc and Voc, respectively. © 2013 Copyright Taylor and Francis Group, LLC.
- Taylor and Francis Ltd.
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Convergence Research Center for Solar Energy1. Journal Articles
Convergence Research Center for Solar Energy1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.