Cited 3 time in
Cited 3 time in
Effects of Solvents on ITO Cracks in Ultrasonic Cleaning of ITO-Coated Flexible Substrates for Polymer Solar Cells
- Effects of Solvents on ITO Cracks in Ultrasonic Cleaning of ITO-Coated Flexible Substrates for Polymer Solar Cells
- Jeong, YJ[Jeong, Young Jun]; Woo, S[Woo, Sungho]; Kim, Y[Kim, Youngkyoo]; Jeong, SJ[Jeong, Seon Ju]; Han, YS[Han, Yoon Soo]; Lee, DK[Lee, Do Kyung]; Ko, JI[Ko, Jung Ik]; Jung, SK[Jung, Sang-Kooun]; An, BC[An, Byeong Cheol]
- DGIST Authors
- Jeong, YJ[Jeong, Young Jun]; Woo, S[Woo, Sungho]; Jeong, SJ[Jeong, Seon Ju]
- Issue Date
- Molecular Crystals and Liquid Crystals, 551, 212-220
- Article Type
- Article; Proceedings Paper
- Cleaning; Cleaning Process; Cleaning Solvents; Cracks; Direct Interactions; Ethylene; Experimental Optimization; Flexible Polymers; Flexible Substrate; Indium Compounds; Indium Tin Oxide; ITO Crack; Plastic Coatings; Polyethylene Naphthalate; Polymer Solar Cells (PSCs); Simple Method; Solubility; Solubility Parameter; Solubility Parameters; Solvents; Substrates; Tin; Tin Oxides; Ultrasonic Cleaning; Wet Cleaning Process
- We report an experimental optimization of the cleaning process in the fabrication of flexible polymer solar cells using an indium tin oxide (ITO) coated poly(ethylene naphthalate) (PEN) substrate. The effects of the solubility parameters of the cleaning solvents on the occurrence of ITO cracks have been systematically investigated. The experimental results showed that the ITO cracks caused during the ultrasonic cleaning process were mainly affected by differences between the solubility parameters of the solvent and that of the PEN substrate, not by direct interaction between the solvent and the ITO layer. Our results provide a simple method for reducing ITO cracks during wet cleaning processes by selecting solvents with solubility parameters which differ significantly from those of the flexible substrates. © 2011 Taylor & Francis Group, LLC.
- Taylor and Francis Ltd.
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Convergence Research Center for Solar Energy1. Journal Articles
Convergence Research Center for Solar Energy1. Journal Articles
ETC1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.