Cited 3 time in
Cited 3 time in
4 x 4 Plastic Optical Fiber Star Coupler Incorporated with a Common Polymer Waveguide Optical Power Distribution Region
- 4 x 4 Plastic Optical Fiber Star Coupler Incorporated with a Common Polymer Waveguide Optical Power Distribution Region
- Kim, KT[Kim, Kwang Taek]; Han, BJ[Han, Boo Jeon]; Kim, MK[Kim, Min Kuk]; Kim, YH[Kim, Young Ho]; Lee, BH[Lee, Byeong Ha]; Cho, KJ[Cho, Kyung Jae]; Kim, JW[Kim, Jong Woo]; Lee, CH[Lee, Cherl-Hee]; Lee, J[Lee, Jonghun]
- DGIST Authors
- Lee, CH[Lee, Cherl-Hee]; Lee, J[Lee, Jonghun]
- Issue Date
- Fiber and Integrated Optics, 30(4), 265-277
- Article Type
- Coupling Ratios; Excess Loss; Fabricated Device; Fiber Optic Sensors; Fibers; Optical Communication; Optical Fiber Fabrication; Optical Fibers; Optical Power; Optical Power Distribution; Plastic Optical Fiber; Plastic Optical Fiber Network; Plastic Optical Fibers; Plastics; Polymer Waveguide; Polymer Waveguides; Polymers; Power Distributions; Power Quality; Ray Optics; Star Coupler; Star Couplers; Stars; Waveguide Components
- Two types of 4×4 plastic optical fiber star couplers incorporated with a polymer waveguide as the optical power distributor are proposed, and their high performances are demonstrated. The characteristics of the proposed star coupler are investigated based on ray optics, and its power distribution performance is evaluated in terms of the flatness of the coupling ratio and the amount of the excess loss. Under the best conditions, the flatness of the coupling ratio and the excess loss of the fabricated device have been obtained as 2.0 dB and 2.5 dB, respectively. © 2011 Taylor & Francis Group, LLC.
- TAYLOR & FRANCIS INC
There are no files associated with this item.
- ETC1. Journal Articles
Division of IoT∙Robotics Convergence Research1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.