Cited 9 time in
Cited 9 time in
Molecular orientation of liquid crystal on polymer blends of coumarin and naphthalenic polyimide
- Molecular orientation of liquid crystal on polymer blends of coumarin and naphthalenic polyimide
- Hah, H[Hah, Hyundae]; Sung, SJ[Sung, Shi-Joon]; Cho, KY[Cho, Kuk Young]; Park, JK[Park, Jung-Ki]
- Issue Date
- Polymer Bulletin, 61(3), 383-390
- Article Type
- Alignment; Alignment Layers; Blending; Crystal Orientation; LC Alignment; Light Sources; Liquid Crystal-Polymers; Liquid Crystals; Molecular Orientation; Nematic Liquid Crystals; Optical Properties; Photo-Induced Liquid Crystal Alignment; Photo-Reactive Polymer; Photopolymers; Photoreactivity; Poly Imide; Polyimides; Polymer Blending; Polymer Blends; Polymers; Powders; Thermal Stability; Thermodynamic Stability; UV Irradiations
- Photo-induced liquid crystal alignment layers were prepared by blending polyimides and photoreactive polymers followed by polarized UV irradiation. Polyimides are selected for the purpose of improving the thermal stability of the molecular orientation of the photoreactive groups. The thermal stability of the LC alignment layer was enhanced regardless of the type of the polyimide while the direction of LC orientation was dependent on the type of polyimide. The photoreactivity of the polyimide governs the LC orientation in the blend alignment layers. © 2008 Springer-Verlag.
There are no files associated with this item.
- ETC1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.