Cited 0 time in
Cited 1 time in
CASD: A framework of context-awareness safety driving in vehicular networks
- CASD: A framework of context-awareness safety driving in vehicular networks
- Shen, Yiwen; Jeong, Jaehoon; Oh, Tae; Son, Sang Hyuk
- DGIST Authors
- Son, Sang Hyuk
- Issue Date
- 30th IEEE International Conference on Advanced Information Networking and Applications Workshops, WAINA 2016, 252-257
- Article Type
- Conference Paper
- Inspired by the advancement of vehicular networks and increasing concerns on driving safety, this paper proposes a framework of Context-Awareness Safety Driving (CASD). In vehicular networks, vehicles communicate with each other and share a variety of information. By utilizing those capability, CASD provides vehicles with a class-based safety action plan that considers three situations such as the Line-of-Sight unsafe, the Non-Line-of-Sight unsafe and the safe situations. In the Line-of-Sight unsafe situation, a hybrid take-action scheme is provided. If human's action fails, the vehicle will take over the driving control to guarantee the minimum risk. A timing for the vehicle to take over the control is based on an optimized threshold by examining context information. Moreover, a dynamic path maneuver planning scheme is suggested to avoid a crash in real-time. The driving safety can be substantially improved using CASD. © 2016 IEEE.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc.
- Related Researcher
Son, Sang Hyuk
RTCPS(Real-Time Cyber-Physical Systems Research) Lab
There are no files associated with this item.
- ETC2. Conference Papers
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.