Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
DCMAC: Data-oriented cluster-based media access control protocol for vehicular networks
- DCMAC: Data-oriented cluster-based media access control protocol for vehicular networks
- Lee, Jinho; Jeong, Jaehoon; Oh, Tae; Jun, Junghyun; Son, Sang Hyuk
- DGIST Authors
- Son, Sang Hyuk
- Issue Date
- 30th IEEE International Conference on Advanced Information Networking and Applications Workshops, WAINA 2016, 258-261
- Article Type
- Conference Paper
- In order to support efficient data services on vehicular networks, we propose a Data-oriented Cluster-based Media Access Control Protocol (DCMAC). For Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS), the demand for data services is increasing. Furthermore, most of vehicles will be equipped with Dedicated Short-Range Communications (DSRC) devices in the near future. Thus, it is necessary to offer scalable data services on vehicular networks. We propose a cluster-based MAC protocol for maximizing the throughput of data services. Through clustering, we can reduce contention period for time slot allocation and improve channel utilization. Furthermore, we can significantly reduce the power consumption for transmissions. © 2016 IEEE.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc.
- Related Researcher
Son, Sang Hyuk
RTCPS(Real-Time Cyber-Physical Systems Research) Lab
There are no files associated with this item.
- ETC2. Conference Papers
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.