Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
A fiber optic probe coupled low-cost CMOS-camera-based system for simultaneous measurement of oxy-, deoxyhemoglobin, and blood flow
- A fiber optic probe coupled low-cost CMOS-camera-based system for simultaneous measurement of oxy-, deoxyhemoglobin, and blood flow
- Seong, Myeongsu; Phillips, Zephaniah; Mai, Phuong M.; Yeo, Chaebeom; Song, Cheol; Lee, Kijoon; Kim, Jae G.
- DGIST Authors
- Song, Cheol
- Issue Date
- 2nd International Conference on Nano-Bio Sensing, Imaging, and Spectroscopy, NBSIS 2015, 9523
- Article Type
- Conference Paper
- Appropriate oxygen supply and blood flow are important in coordination of body functions and maintaining a life. To measure both oxygen supply and blood flow simultaneously, we developed a system that combined near-infrared spectroscopy (NIRS) and diffuse speckle contrast analysis (DSCA). Our system is more cost effective and compact than such combined systems as diffuse correlation spectroscopy(DCS)-NIRS or DCS flow oximeter, and also offers the same quantitative information. In this article, we present the configuration of DSCA-NIRS and preliminary data from an arm cuff occlusion and a repeated gripping exercise. With further investigation, we believe that DSCA-NIRS can be a useful tool for the field of neuroscience, muscle physiology and metabolic diseases such as diabetes. © 2015 SPIE.
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Robotics EngineeringETC2. Conference Papers
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.