Cited 0 time in
Cited 1 time in
Asynchronous distance measurement for smartphone-based localization exploiting chirp signals
- Asynchronous distance measurement for smartphone-based localization exploiting chirp signals
- Lee, Hong Jae; Park, Homin; Park, Taejoon
- DGIST Authors
- Lee, Hong Jae; Park, Homin
- Issue Date
- 12th International Conference on Mobile and Ubiquitous Systems: Computing, Networking and Services, MOBIQUITOUS 2015, 269-270
- Article Type
- Conference Paper
- In this paper, we present an asynchronous, accurate, and realtime distance measurement method using chirp signals, which is capable of accurately locating and tracking, thus forming an ad-hoc network among smartphones in an indoor (e.g., smart meeting room) environment. We then implement our proposed method on top of commercial off-the-shelf smartphones without modifying their hardware or OS kernel. Our experimental results demonstrate that it takes < 1 second to conduct network-wide distance measurements and the measurement error is <10cm in at least 87% of the experiments. Copyright © 2015 ICST.
There are no files associated with this item.
- Information and Communication EngineeringETC2. Conference Papers
ETC2. Conference Papers
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.