Cited 0 time in
Cited 1 time in
How to secure push button configuration for remote control of devices
- How to secure push button configuration for remote control of devices
- Park, Yongsuk; Park, Taejoon; Park, Minsoo; Han, Junghee
- DGIST Authors
- Park, Taejoon
- Issue Date
- 2013 10th International Conference on Remote Engineering and Virtual Instrumentation, REV 2013
- Article Type
- Conference Paper
- Push Button Configuration (PBC) is a method to easily set up a secure session between IT/CE devices, i.e., by simply pressing buttons on devices. Although PBC has been adopted by Wi-Fi and ZigBee, its applicability is limited due mainly to the security vulnerability leading to unintended acceptance of communication request from malicious devices. To cure this problem, we propose a Security-enhanced PBC (SePBC) scheme that is capable of uncovering suspicious or malicious devices as well as identifying the legitimate device. Our security analysis shows SePBC effectively defeats attacks on PBC preserving high accuracy of attack detection. © 2013 IEEE.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc.
There are no files associated with this item.
- Information and Communication EngineeringETC2. Conference Papers
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.