Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
Facial animation and analysis using 2D+3D facial motion tracking
- Facial animation and analysis using 2D+3D facial motion tracking
- Lee, Chan-Su; Chun, SeungYong; Lee, Sang-Heon
- DGIST Authors
- Lee, Sang-Heon
- Issue Date
- 2011 International Conference on Multimedia, Computer Graphics and Broadcasting, MulGraB 2011, Held as Part of the 3rd International Mega-Conference on Future-Generation Information Technology, FGIT 2011, in Conjunction with GDC 2011, 262 CCIS(PART 1), 272-279
- Article Type
- This paper presents a facial animation system using real-time tracking of 3D facial motions from a depth camera. We first applied 2D facial motion tracking based on extended Active Shape Models (ASMs) from 2D texture image corresponding to captured 3D depth information. Based on the estimated feature point tracking from extended 2D facial motion tracking, 3D facial motions are estimated. From the estimated 3D facial motion using extended ASMs, we extract MPEG-4 facial animation parameters (FAPs) from the 3D facial motion tracking, which provides more accurate estimation of FAPs invariant to view variations. Facial animations can be achieved by any facial animation tools supporting facial animation based on FAPs. © 2011 Springer-Verlag.
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Convergence Research Center for Future Automotive Technology2. Conference Papers
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.