Cited 0 time in
Cited 9 time in
Image-guided robotic mastoidectomy using human-robot collaboration control
- Image-guided robotic mastoidectomy using human-robot collaboration control
- Lim, Hoon; Han, Jung-Min; Hong, Jaeseung; Yi, Byung-Ju; Lee, Seung Hwan; Jeong, Jin Kyeok; Matsumoto, Nozomu; Oka, Masamichi; Komune, Shizuo; Hashizume, Makoto
- DGIST Authors
- Hong, Jaeseung
- Issue Date
- 2011 IEEE International Conference on Mechatronics and Automation, ICMA 2011, 549-554
- Article Type
- Conference Paper
- This work proposes an image-guided robotic Mastoidectomy. A surgical navigation software was developed to guide the robot without damaging the critical area. A forbidden-region virtual fixture is implemented for safety. A human-robot collaboration control mode is used to allow the human intervention during surgery, to compensate tremor by operator, and to protect the relevant organs. A temporal bone replica was used as a phantom for the robotic Mastoidectomy. Through the phantom studies, it was shown that the image-guided robotic approach is effective for safe and precise Mastoidectomy. © 2011 IEEE.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc.
There are no files associated with this item.
- Robotics EngineeringETC2. Conference Papers
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.