Cited 2 time in
Cited 0 time in
Simultaneous control of magnetic topologies for reconfigurable vortex arrays
- Simultaneous control of magnetic topologies for reconfigurable vortex arrays
- Im, Mi-Young; Fischer, Peter; Han, Hee-Sung; Vogel, Andreas; Jung, Min-Seung; Chao, Weilun; Yu, Young-Sang; Meier, Guido; Hong, Jung-Il; Lee, Ki-Suk
- DGIST Authors
- Im, Mi-Young; Jung, Min-Seung
- Issue Date
- Npg Asia Materials, 9
- Article Type
- Cores; Dots; Fluctuations; Permalloy; Skyrmion
- The topological spin textures in magnetic vortices in confined magnetic elements offer a platform for understanding the fundamental physics of nanoscale spin behavior and the potential of harnessing their unique spin structures for advanced magnetic technologies. For magnetic vortices to be practical, an effective reconfigurability of the two topologies of magnetic vortices, that is, the circularity and the polarity, is an essential prerequisite. The reconfiguration issue is highly relevant to the question of whether both circularity and polarity are reliably and efficiently controllable. In this work, we report the first direct observation of simultaneous control of both circularity and polarity by the sole application of an in-plane magnetic field to arrays of asymmetrically shaped permalloy disks. Our investigation demonstrates that a high degree of reliability for control of both topologies can be achieved by tailoring the geometry of the disk arrays. We also propose a new approach to control the vortex structures by manipulating the effect of the stray field on the dynamics of vortex creation. The current study is expected to facilitate complete and effective reconfiguration of magnetic vortex structures, thereby enhancing the prospects for technological applications of magnetic vortices.
- NATURE PUBLISHING GROUP
There are no files associated with this item.
- Emerging Materials ScienceQuantum Electric & Magnetic Materials Laboratory1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.