Cited 0 time in
Cited 1 time in
Dismantling of the inverted U-Curve of open innovation
- Dismantling of the inverted U-Curve of open innovation
- Yun, JinHyo Joseph; Won, DongKyu; Jeong, EuiSeob; Park, KyungBae; Lee, Doo Seok; Yigitcanlar, Tan
- DGIST Authors
- Yun, JinHyo Joseph; Lee, Doo Seok
- Issue Date
- Sustainability, 9(8)
- Article Type
- Aircraft Industry; Game of Life; Inverted UCurve; Mathematical Modeling; Open Innovation; Simulation
- The purpose of this study is to address the following research question: What is the relationship between open innovation and firm performance? The study built up a research framework with three factors-i.e., open innovation strategy, time scope, and industry condition-to find out the concrete open innovation effects on firm performance. This study adopted four different research methods. Firstly, we applied the aforementioned factors to a game of life simulation in order to identify the concrete differences of open innovation effects on firm performance. Secondly, the study examined the real dynamics of open innovation effects on firm performance in the aircraft industry-one of the oldest modern industries-through a quantitative patent analysis. It then looked into the effects of major factors that impact open innovation effects. Thirdly, this study developed a mathematical model and tried to open the black box of open innovation effects on firm performance. Lastly, the study logically compiled research on open innovation effects on firm performance through the presentation of a causal loop model and derived the possible implications. © 2017 by the authors. Licensee MDPI, Basel, Switzerland.
- MDPI AG
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- School of Undergraduate Studies1. Journal Articles
School of Undergraduate Studies1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.