Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
Energy efficient mutual authentication and key agreement scheme with strong anonymity support for secure ubiquitious roaming services
- Energy efficient mutual authentication and key agreement scheme with strong anonymity support for secure ubiquitious roaming services
- Gope, Prosanta; Hsu, Ruei-Hau; Lee, Jemin; Quek, Tony Q. S.
- DGIST Authors
- Lee, Jemin
- Issue Date
- 11th International Conference on Availability, Reliability and Security, ARES 2016, 247-252
- Article Type
- Conference Paper
- This article proposes a secure and energy efficient user authentication protocol, which can preserve the user anonymity for roaming service in the mobile network. Compared to other state of the art solutions, the proposed scheme has several considerable advantages. Firstly, no encryption/decryption, modular and exponential operations have been introduced in our design. Instead, it uses the low cost function such as HMAC and exclusive-OR operations to accomplish the goals of authentication and key agreement. This makes the protocol more suitable for battery-powered mobile devices. Secondly, the proposed scheme can resolve several existing security issues like forgery attack, known session key attack, etc., with the limited computation and communication overheads which are indeed essential for offering a secure and expeditious roaming services in mobile communication environment. © 2016 IEEE.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc.
- Related Researcher
Lee, Je Min
ISC(Information Security and Communication) Lab
Wireless Communication System; Information Security
There are no files associated with this item.
- Information and Communication EngineeringETC2. Conference Papers
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.