Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
Electrical properties of polycrystalline and single crystalline nickel layer capped ZnO nanowires
- Electrical properties of polycrystalline and single crystalline nickel layer capped ZnO nanowires
- Mudusu, Devika; Nandanapalli, Koteeswara R.; Dugasani, Sreekantha R.; Kang, Jang-Won; Park, Sung-Ha; Tu, Charles W.
- DGIST Authors
- Kang, Jang-Won
- Issue Date
- Current Applied Physics, 17(12), 1699-1706
- Article Type
- Chemical Vapor Deposition; Core/Shell Nanowires; Crystalline Materials; E Beam Evaporation; Electric Properties; Electrical Characteristic; Electrical Properties; Field Effect Transistors; Functionalized ZnO Nanowires; MOSFET Devices; Nanowires; Nickel; N-Type Conductivity; Photo-Anodes; Photoanodes For PEC Devices; Single-Crystalline; Vapor-Liquid-Solid Process; Zinc Oxide; ZnO Nanowires; ZnO/Ni Core/Shell Nanowires
- This article reports the electrical characteristics of pristine, polycrystalline and single crystalline nickel (Ni) layer capped zinc oxide (ZnO) nanowires. Core/shell ZnO/Ni nanostructures were developed using chemical vapor deposition and e-beam evaporation, and the structures were annealed at different temperatures. Field effect transistor (FET) devices were fabricated using photolithography and investigated their characteristics at room temperature. All FET devices exhibited depletion-mode characteristics with n-type conductivity. However, single-crystalline Ni shelled ZnO nanowires based FET devices showed a high on/off ratio and transconductance, as compared to other devices. The overall measurements show that though the ZnO nanowires capped with Ni layer, their electrical properties remain same as pristine ZnO nanowires. © 2017 Elsevier B.V.
- Elsevier B.V.
There are no files associated with this item.
- DGIST-LBNL Research Center for Emerging Materials1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.