Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
On/Off-body 통신시스템을 위한 직물소재 웨어러블재구성 빔 스티어링 안테나의 BER/SNR 성능 검증
- On/Off-body 통신시스템을 위한 직물소재 웨어러블재구성 빔 스티어링 안테나의 BER/SNR 성능 검증
- Translated Title
- Performance evaluation using BER/SNR of wearable fabric reconfigurable beam-steering antenna for On/Off-body communication systems
- 강성훈; 정상수; 정창원
- Issue Date
- 한국산학기술학회논문지, 16(7), 4842-4848
- Beam-steering antenna; BER; Loop antenna; SNR; Wearable fabric antenna; WLAN
- This paper presents a comparison of communication performance between the reconfigurable beam-steering antenna and the omni-directional (loop) antenna during standstill and walking motion. Both omni-directional and reconfigurable antennas were manufactured on the same fabric (, ) substrate and operated around 5 GHz band. The reconfigurable antenna was designed to steer the beam directions. To implement the beam-steering capability, the antenna used two PIN diodes. The measured peak gains were 5.9–6.6 dBi and the overall half power beam width (HPBW) was 102°. In order to compare the communication efficiency, both the bit error rate (BER) and the signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) were measured using a GNU Radio Companion software tool and user software radio peripheral (USRP) devices. The measurement were performed when both antennas were standstill and walking motion in an antenna chamber as well as in a smart home environment. From these results, the performances of the reconfigurable beam steering antenna outperformed that of the loop antenna. In addition, in terms of communication efficiencies, in an antenna chamber was better than in a smart home environment. In terms of movement of antennas, standstill state has better results than walking motion state.
There are no files associated with this item.
- ETC1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.