Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
Fabrication and device characterization of potassium fluoride solution treated CZTSSe solar cell
- Fabrication and device characterization of potassium fluoride solution treated CZTSSe solar cell
- Rana, Tanka Raj; Kim, JunHo; Sim, Jun-Hyoung; Yang, Kee-Jeong; Kim, Dae-Hwan; Kang, Jin-Kyu
- DGIST Authors
- Yang, Kee-Jeong; Kim, Dae-Hwan; Kang, Jin-Kyu
- Issue Date
- Current Applied Physics, 17(10), 1353-1360
- Article Type
- Activation Energy; Chemical Activation; CZTSSe; Defect Density; Defect Energy Level; Defects; Device Characterization; Interface Recombination; KF PDT; Photovoltaic Performance; Post Deposition Treatment; Solar Cell; Solar Cell Efficiencies; Solar Cells; Solar Power Generation
- Post deposition treatment (PDT) for Cu2ZnSn(S,Se)4 (CZTSSe) was carried out by simply dipping the absorber into the KF solution at 80 °C. The dipping time of absorber in KF solution was found to be crucial to device parameters of CZTSSe solar cell. The K-doping improved the solar cell efficiency from 4.4% to 7.6% by 1 min dipping whereas the longer than 5 min dipping solar cells showed distorted kink J-V curves. The activation energy of CZTSSe solar cell was increased upto 1 min KF treatment from 0.83 eV to 0.92 eV which indicates interface recombination is reduced significantly. However, the activation energies of 5 min and 10 min dipping solar cells were found to be 0.81 eV and 0.63 eV where dominant recombination was interface recombination. Furthermore, trap energies of 49 meV and 298 meV of pristine CZTSSe solar cell were modified to 33 meV and 117 meV for 1 min treated CZTSSe solar cell. Trap energies of 5 min were calculated to be 112 meV and 147 meV. The proper KF doping passivated the shallow as well as deep defects of CZTSSe solar cell which is reflected in photovoltaic performances directly. © 2017 Elsevier B.V.
- Elsevier B.V.
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Convergence Research Center for Solar Energy1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.