Cited 2 time in
Cited 0 time in
Optical Evidence of Itinerant- Localized Crossover of 4f Electrons in Cerium Compounds
- Optical Evidence of Itinerant- Localized Crossover of 4f Electrons in Cerium Compounds
- Kimura, Shin-ichi; Kwon, Yong Seung; Matsumoto, Yuji; Aoki, Haruyoshi; Sakai, Osamu
- DGIST Authors
- Kwon, Yong Seung
- Issue Date
- Journal of the Physical Society of Japan, 85(8)
- Article Type
- Cerium (Ce)-based heavy-fermion materials have a characteristic double-peak structure (mid-IR peak) in the optical conductivity [σ(ω)] spectra originating from the strong conduction (c)-f electron hybridization. To clarify the behavior of the mid-IR peak at a low c-f hybridization strength, we compared the σ(ω) spectra of the isostructural antiferromagnetic and heavy-fermion Ce compounds with the calculated unoccupied density of states and the spectra obtained from the impurity Anderson model. With decreasing c-f hybridization intensity, the mid-IR peak shifts to the low-energy side owing to the renormalization of the unoccupied 4f state, but suddenly shifts to the high-energy side owing to the f-f on-site Coulomb interaction at a slight localized side from the quantum critical point (QCP). This finding gives us information on the change in the electronic structure across QCP. © 2016 The Physical Society of Japan.
- Physical Society of Japan
- Related Researcher
Kwon, Yong Seung
Quantum Functional Materials Laboratory
High Tc Superconductors and magnetic materials; Thermoelectric Materials
There are no files associated with this item.
- Emerging Materials ScienceQuantum Functional Materials Laboratory1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.